By Duane Elgin
In The Living Universe, Duane Elgin marshals evidence from cosmology, biology, physics, even his participation in NASA-sponsored psychic experiments to show that the universe is actually a living field of existence and that we are always in communion with that field of aliveness whether we are conscious of it or not. This is a worldview that, as Elgin explains, is shared by virtually every spiritual tradition, and the implications of it are vast and deep. In a living system each part is integral to the whole, so each of us is intimately connected to the entire universe. Elgin eloquently demonstrates how that identity manifests itself on a whole series of levels, from subatomic to galactic. We are, he writes, far more than biological beings; we are beings of cosmic connection and dimension.
"No book describes more accurately or guides us more powerfully to the world now waiting to be born."
- Marianne Williamson, author of A Return to Love
"Vital reading for those wanting to explore and participate in the nature of reality at its most profound levels."
- Edgar Mitchell, ScD, founder, Institute of Noetic Sciences and Apollo 14 astronaut
"A masterful, potent, and luminous contribution to both human knowledge and spiritual awakening."
- Jean Houston, cofounder, Foundation for Mind Research and author of 26 books, including A Passion for the Possible
"It's all here - brilliant discoveries of contemporary science, key insights of the world's religions, and practical programs of action for bringing forth a new world."
- Brian Swimme, PhD, Professor of Cosmology, California Institute of Integral Studies, co-author, The Universe Story
"The Living Universe invites the reader into an integral worldview that matters deeply for our planetary future. Without it we are lost; with it we have the possibility of creating a viable Earth community. This is a powerful contribution to envisioning and embodying such a community."
- Mary Evelyn Tucker, Yale University, Forum on Religion and Ecology